|From left to right, Haddon Hall, Hardwicke Hall & Hatfield House, Nos. 324-314-304 E. 41st St.|
All three buildings open January 1, 1929, and are named after three of Britain's finest Elizabethan country homes. Faced with red brick, trimmed with limestone and terra cotta, they're adorned with chimneys, porches, stained glass, quatrefoils and spandrel panels with Tudor motifs. Originally each building had a separate entrance, but in 1959 the Hardwicke Hall door became the sole entrance.
➺11 stories, 43 apartments, 3 penthouses. Most units are two-bedrooms.
➺11 stories, 62 apartments, 3 penthouses. Units a combination of one- and two-bedrooms.
➺15 stories, 87 apartments. Many studios. Opened as an Apartment Hotel, with maid, laundry and room service for an additional fee.