Octagonal pavilions made of heavy timber with shingled roofs, the gazebos were in the English style, in keeping with the overall design of the parks. Set on the north- and southeast corners of the park, they were in place from 1930 to 1949.
The southeastern gazebo, with No. 5 in the background.
The gazebos were removed in 1949, when both parks were redesigned as part of the neighborhood upgrades for the arrival of the U.N. The redesign was not in the English style, and the gazebos never returned.
Post a Comment