From a 1927 issue of Architectural Forum magazine, a photograph captioned "Skeleton Construction, Tudor City, New York," made by George H. Van Anda. Pictured are Tudor City's initial units, The Manor and No. 45, under construction. They would open on September 30, 1927.
The archway framing the shot has vanished, most likely part of a rowhouse eventually demolished by the French Company. The vantage point appears to be the vicinity of what would later be Essex House.